Position: Residential Client Service Specialist
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90067
Term: 12 Months
- Provides support to our Relationship Managers as well as building a relationship with the borrower.
- Communicates with Relationship Managers on pipeline reports to ensure timely preparation of the loan process.
- Assists with collection of application items, including ordering credit, entering the application, requesting financials and/or other documents required for loan approval, customer follow up, and application tracking.
- Directs customers through the loan process, often working with complex loans.
- Monitors loans and ensures that information including, financials, guarantor information, tax returns, etc. are obtained. Partners with Relationship Manager to discuss past due items. Contacts clients to request missing items.
- Leads a variety of customer services activities including responding to requests, researching discrepancies, and resolving issues.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies, lending practices and regulatory process statutes, such as Patriot's Act, Reg B, HMDA, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of banking/Lending products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served.
- Acts as a main point of contact on daily operational questions for processing team.
- Assists in training of new lending assistant staff and mentoring of existing lending assistant staff. Acts as a main point of contact on daily operational questions for lending assistant team.
- Assists with additional duties as assigned.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- Experience with many types of client tax returns, understanding W-2, K-1 and various types of cash flow analysis.
- Review received documentation within 24 hours for discrepancies, omissions, asset and income verification and updates based on verified information
- Attend any and all branch/team meetings as requested.
- Provide sales and service support (i.e., create, review and distribute various client reports and presentations or assist with client events); may be for current clients or prospects.
- Research and respond to client inquiries and/or problems of high net worth clients, including account change requests; escalate issues as appropriate.
- Assist with phone calls to prospects and clients, schedule all client-related appointments, and coordinate client mailings/invitations to company events
- Provide general administrative support such as managing logistics and refreshments for meetings, answering incoming telephone calls, managing incoming emails/faxes, filing, submitting business expense requests, schedule appointments and distributing mail.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a loan partner/loan officer assistant or processor with hands on knowledge of loan products and guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in lending techniques and practices, loan documentation, compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry and lending products and services
- Sound judgment and autonomous decision making ability
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective customers and existing customers and banking associates
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, dependable and self-motivated.
- Available to work varying hours and overtime as needed
- Must become state-licensed through the NMLS
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills with ability to effectively manage the expectations of multiple internal/external constituents.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to quickly understand complex problems and recommend solutions.
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills. Basic computer skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
About our client:
Founded in 1985, our client and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. Join a team that continues to make significant investments in its digital solutions, including upgrading our consumer-facing technology.