Title: Claims Associate
Location: Orange, CA 92868
Term: 3 Months Contract
- Adjusts medical-only claims and minor lost-time workers compensation claims under close supervision.
- Supports other claims representatives, examiners and leads with larger or more complex claims as necessary.
- Processes workers compensation claims determining compensability and benefits due; monitors reserve accuracy, and files necessary documentation with state agency.
- Communicates claim action/processing with claimant, client and appropriate medical contact.
- Ensures claim files are properly documented and claims coding is correct.
- May process routine payments and prescriptions and status reports for lifetime medical claims and/or defined period medical claims.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 year of general office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Claims industry experience preferred
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Licenses as required
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!