Application specialist will be involved in the implementation Phillips Capsule device integration to future EHR - Epic. This will include participating in testing of various medical devices by configuring Capsule to receive and send data to Epic in preparation for go-live. Additionally, the team member will be involved in deployment of device hubs across various locations in the Atlanta metro area. The team also provides support for current device integration hubs (Cerner Connectivity Engines – CCEs) in conjunction with vendor application support of current device integration platform – Cerner iBus. Support Specialists will be responsible to provide support for upgrades and handling issues when devices break. Team is a mixture of mid-senior level. This role is seeking a mid-senior level resource. Must have extensive experience with Cerner products and devices. They are also implementing Phillips Capsule and will be deploying device’s across all of Emory.
Top 3 Required Skills (In order of Priority):
- Ideal candidate will have experience with Device integration and has some experience with Phillips Capsule.
- Cerner iBus-application experience
- Technical proficiency with Cerner millennium (3-5 years)
- Experience with medical devices and/or medical device integration with EHRs. This team builds out and installs device integration hubs (CCEs) in the hospital operating rooms and do all the troubleshooting of the medical devices (fixing what’s broken and making sure it’s installed properly).
Uses technical skills and provides guidance and direction in the development, implementation and maintenance of complex production information systems. Conducts research in automation techniques to improve application performance, efficiency, and testing. Determines and performs testing methodologies and techniques. Adheres to internal controls and standards established for department. Provides assistance in isolating and solving problems within application systems, interfaces, and middleware infrastructure. Plans and coordinates programming projects within a particular work group. Provides production support in a 7 X 24 Tier 1 environment. Assists and advises subordinate personnel in the solution of highly technical and complex problems and solutions. Functions as a senior programming consultant in advanced computer technology and architecture. Performs related responsibilities as required.
• Philips Capsule
• Cerner iBus
• Cerner Infusion Management
• Cerner MDI
• Cerner BMDI
• Cerner system engineer experience
• Cerner Millennium technical application experience
This is a technical applications role that will require supporting, building, and deploying device integration hubs across multiple hospitals back to the current and future EHR.