Come work for the nation's premier health innovation company to join our mission of helping people on their path to better health. Be part of our innovative team that is unlocking the power of data to transform the healthcare experience!
Position: Medical Assistant
Location: Phoenix, AZ, 85040
Term: 5 months (Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm)
- Interact with members to deliver excellent customer service. Promotes and supports quality administration of care coordination. Work closely with Case Management for member referrals.
- Identifies members for admission or discharge.
- Screens patients using targeted intervention business rules and processes to identify needed services, making appropriate referrals to medical/BH psychosocial to coordinate the required services in accordance with the benefit plan.
- Monitors non-targeted cases for entry of appropriate discharge date and disposition.
- Identifies triggers for referral into Case Management, Disease Management, and other Specialty Programs.
- Coordinates and arranges for health care service delivery under the direction of case managers.
- Promotes communication, both internally and externally to enhance the effectiveness of medical management services (e.g., health care providers, and health care team members respectively).
- Performs non-medical research pertinent to the establishment, maintenance, and closure of open cases.
- Provides support services to team members by answering telephone calls, taking messages, researching information, and assisting in solving problems.
- Adheres to Compliance with Policies and Regulatory Standards.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality.
- May assist in the research and resolution of claims payment issues.
- Support the administration of the hospital care, case management, and quality management processes in compliance with various laws and regulations, standards where applicable, while adhering to company policy and procedures.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 1-2 years of experience as a medical assistant, office assistant.
- Strong customer service skills to coordinate service delivery including attention to customers, sensitivity to issues, proactive identification, and resolution of issues to promote positive outcomes for members.
- Computer literacy in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, including Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to effectively participate in a multi-disciplinary team including internal and external participants.
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology and concepts used in care management.
- Effective communication, telephonic, and organization skills.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!