Title: Card Services Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
an ATM & Card Services Specialist, you are responsible for providing extraordinary service to our internal and external clients. The position is responsible for processing incoming ATM and Visa Debit card dispute and fraud claims in compliance with Regulation E and Visa or PIN Network requirements. In this role, you will act as an advocate for our clients and identify all viable solutions to remedy claims in the client’s favor with minimal losses to the Bank, while responding to a high volume of phone calls, emails, faxes, and written requests for service. This position will provide support for all day-to-day operations.
- We are looking for a detail-oriented and highly organized candidate who will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Responds to ATM/Debit Card inquiries, disputes, and monetary adjustments using Card Services and Visa systems in addition to our core banking system.
- Prepares, researches, and/or reviews ATM and Visa Debit card claims ensuring all disputes are processed in compliance with our client’s policies and procedures, Visa and PIN network dispute resolution rules and regulations. Prepares cardholder dispute status notification letters while maintaining a database and balancing General Ledgers daily.
- Handles outbound and inbound fraud detection calls to protect clients against fraud. Reviews, identifies, and verifies suspicious transactions with clients while effectively listening, connecting, and empathizing with clients who are victims of fraud.
- Process cardholder chargebacks to merchant with supporting documentation and exhibits. Responds to each phase of the chargeback process including representments, pre-arbitrations, Arbitrations and Compliance filings.
- Monitor activity of off-site ATMs, balance daily settlement, reconciles general ledgers, processes cash orders, and logs and/or destroy returned ATM/Debit cards.
- Provides support to Preferred Banking Offices and Diebold technicians in response to ATMs, Cash Dispensing Units, and Magtek Instant Issue card equipment faults.
- Meets internal/external service level standards of 5% or less abandoned call ratio and 30-second or less/average speed to answer call.
- Cross trains in various functions within ATM & Card Services team in order support all ATM & Card Services team members.
- Completes project and tasks as assigned within allocated time frames.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- 3 years of Banking experience or Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior ATM or Card Services Operations experience preferred.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience in banking/financial services regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently, and possess excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- A strong sense of urgency and superior client service skills.
- Must be flexible and able to change direction quickly.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information and has the judgement to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now