Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Business Initiatives Consultant
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 9 months
- The CIB Markets Strategic Risk/MCRM/Trading Business Data Strategy & Enablement team provides data strategy, solutions, and services to the CIB strategic risk platform, market and counterparty risk, and trading desks within CIB.
- The team is required to enable and support multiple business sponsored multi-year transformation initiatives and regulatory efforts as well as provide dedicated capital markets subject matter expertise to solve enterprise data issues.
- Responsible for leading cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives that are larger in scope and complexity.
- Examples might include, but are not limited to: finance / operational / executive management review coordination, process improvement and redesign, change management initiatives, ongoing oversight of a leadership / diversity / recognition / Q12 or general program oversight.
- Provides leadership to other consultants and analysts in the integration/implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary.
- Develops metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives.
- Ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations.
- Engages program or project manager at the appropriate level as defined in the Program/Project Management Policy to guide implementation.
- Elicit data requirements including detailed understanding of data set features, data output, and use.
- Support initiative efforts with discovery data analysis, data element mappings, and resolution of data issues.
- Excel and SQL should have strong proficiency and understand basics read a query and understand what should do and write own code to describe the needs of the position
- Will be expected to go to various data sources pull out information doing verification of data sets and facilitate
- Will be creating documentation of results and information from a risk mitigation lens ideally
- Capital Markets experience and knowledge specifically beneficial will be Middle market
- Should have direct risk management related to finance or middle markets
- Understanding the data requirements
- Will be using SQL and Excel to extract data and then be able to have conversations related to the data.
- Provide execution support to ensure data needs and capabilities are delivered to enable the business outcomes in the expected timeframe across the teams through procedure and documentation adherence across teams.
- Resource will be assisting in producing documentation and ticketing systems and pulling all together for tracking
- Need to make sure data within systems is up to date and accurate within various systems so that if viewed an understanding of where various project status is
- Experience working with JIRA, developing process flows and the ability to tie systems together
- Good organizational skills, specifically will be assisting with process and capture of information
- Documentation will be within Excel as mapping documents i.e. Source data to mapping information and associated to mostly JIRA tickets.
- Ability to understand Policies and procedures
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning