Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Calypso Developer
Location: North Brunswick, NJ 08902
Term: 6 months
- Enhancing Calypso Front office application system to support customized products, pricers, interfaces and/or analysis
- Developing interfaces to other systems (both internal and external)
- Creating custom tools to aid users and/or comply with regulatory requirements
- Troubleshooting critical production problems
- Working directly with our partner teams to design robust solutions from informal requirements
- Writing support documentation
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Work with development team in India and US to implement platform enhancements
- Manage exception and vulnerability remediation by working with senior management, internal stakeholders, and Calypso vendor
- Manage release procedures including change management, work orders, work requests and problem ticket management
- Manage Calypso vendor issues and resolution plan.
- Prepare materials for team of teams Agile backlog prioritization with business stakeholder
- Serves as a technical resource in finding software solutions in niche domains (defined below).
- Conducts research and resolve problems in relation to processes, and recommend solutions and process improvements.
- Analyzes user needs, determine requirements.
- Develops, implements and maintains software solutions to meet niche domain (defined below) business requirements.
- Provides technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications.
- Creates and maintain process documentation for programs.
- Creates test data, conduct interfaces and unit tests.
- Assures quality, security and compliance for supported systems and applications. Invests effort in learning domain knowledge and becoming an SME for the application and business function supported by the team.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as capital markets, quants, artificial intelligence, machine learning.
- Implements complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and participates to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Assists other team members in advanced software development.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Calypso and JAVA development (7+ yrs of experience)
- Linux (7+ yrs of experience)
- Springboot (4+ yrs of experience)
- JBOSS or any middleware technologies (4+ yrs of experience)
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Derivatives experience
- Calypso front office products
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions