Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: C# .NET Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC 28202
Term: 12 months
- Developing Server .NET components, building out web services using WCF for report generation
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentors lower level team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ yrs of experience building C#.NET applications
- 3+ yrs of experience in developing and delivering solutions with Service Oriented Architecture using Web Services or WCF.
- 3+ yrs Hands on Experience in multi-tier architecture
- Understanding of advanced C# concepts such as reflection, asynchronous programming, dependency injection, threading and thread safety, (MUST)
- Experience with database programming, schemas, SQL scripts and stored procedures
- Experience in using code repository like GITHUB, TFS or SVN
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD/BDD) to create automated unit tests for both existing code and new projects.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code-utilizing tools like GitHub, Jenkins, SonarQube etc.
- Exposure to market and trade data within an Investment Banking environment.
- Hands on experience with WPF (Windows Presentation Framework) and DevExpress Controls.
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions