Title: Business System Analyst:
Location: San Francisco
- Understand the banking applications and document detailed requirements in a large corporate project with very high visibility.
- Partner with Business to understand business processes and requirements.
- Partner with key technical resources (example, Architects, Solution designers) and vendors to understand technical requirements.
- Perform end to end impact assessment for any technical change and how it may impact upstream and downstream systems and processes.
- Partner with the Testing Lead to provide guidance in overall test strategy and test execution.
- Support the Business for User Acceptance Test.
- Document any technical decision process.
- Identify any needed reporting, instrumentation and analytics in support of automation.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software for a financial institution.
- 3+ years of banking experience required
- Total 6-8 years related experience in IT.
- Agile/SCRUM experience is must
- Responsible for defining solutions by working with clients to understand their business processes, stakeholders and requirements.
- Familiar in all aspects of business analysis, testing and has a basic understanding of project management and system development life cycle.
- Evaluate user requests for business process automation to determine feasibility and technical requirements.
- Work directly with clients throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, and implement business process based solutions
- Experience in working on cross-functional teams building products using agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills; familiarity with MS Office Product Suite (Word / Excel / Power Point).
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Expert at managing by influence to achieve goals through departments and staff not directly in a reporting relationship.
- Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives.
- Understands business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options.
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business.
- Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, and managerial skills with ability to contribute broadly at any level.
- Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business and functional lines.
- Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
- Strategic perspective and business acumen. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future.
- Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion.
- Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
- Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic.
- Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.