Financial Services company North of Houston is seeking a business systems analyst who will be responsible for maximizing the benefit of technology investments by planning, designing, developing, and coordinating the implementation of financial and operations system solutions in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This position also provides system administration support for assigned applications. This is a hybrid work opportunity, with 2-3 days onsite in the Woodlands required.
The Business Systems Analyst II participates on a cross-functional Agile Scrum team and/or hybrid Agile/Waterfall project team to develop and maintain systems to support internal staff needs or to support customer acquisition and retention, based on the customer’s needs, the competitive landscape, and industry trends.
- Collaborates with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, operations and system goals and requirements.
- Gathers and analyzes data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and system requirements or user stories; develops solutions strategies and prepares reports of findings and recommended actions.
- Leads process improvement efforts by documenting current processes and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and processes.
- Helps manage product delivery through implementation coordinating approvals, programming and testing.
- Reviews change control and system enhancement requests; communicates systems changes and provides training documentation to end users.
- Provides system administration support for assigned applications such as monitoring systems, performance executing quality control practices and procedures, assisting end users in processes and researching and troubleshooting system issues.
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Excellent technical skills with Microsoft network and PC operating systems including working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards; SQL and programming languages; data retrieval methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies and processes.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage workload in a high-pressure environment and to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively identify and develop solutions for business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- Excellent process and project management skills.
- Strategic and problem-solving mindset with developed analytical abilities and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills with an ability to effectively interact with and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics.
- 5-7 years’ experience with the analysis and implementation of software and hardware solutions systems or products required.
- 2+ years of experience in delivering software under the Agile Framework required.
- Experience working on a software development team.
- Experience in an Agile, Scrum-based work environment and/or Waterfall development environment.
- Experience in the banking or financial services industry.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Accounting, Management Information Systems or related field preferred.