Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Business Systems Analyst
Location: Dallas, Texas,
Term: 7+ months
- Under general supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- With this knowledge, develops or modifies moderately complex information systems.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
- Competent to work in some phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Generally uses existing procedures to resolve standard problems.
- Provides end user support for a specific application while learning about the application and customer.
- Assists in application implementations and assists in testing end user processes using defined guidelines.
- Updates existing application tables and verifies the accuracy.
- Collects data and runs basic reports in response to client inquiries as directed by more senior associates.
- Interacts with clients, both internal and external, to supply basic information.
- Analyzes business and user needs, documenting requirements, with the guidance of a senior associate.
- Documents business rules/functional requirements to support system enhancements with the guidance of a senior associate.
- Logs and tracks basic problems/work tickets with external product vendors or support organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as functional guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Qualified candidate will have 4 year degree or equivalent years work experience (3-4+).
- Under general direction, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Guides and advises less- experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Provides end user support for a specific application and translates those needs for developing test plans.
- Analyzes business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties. Implements systems applications and tests end-user processes.
- Creates/delivers correspondence, presentations, and other materials for end user training.
- Responds to client inquiries involving application questions.
- Develops customized queries and reports utilizing complex table matrices. Interacts with clients, internal and external, acting as a liaison between business and technology areas