Our client is seeking a Business System Analyst for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Richardson, TX! The selected resource will facilitate consistent, efficient, and effective communication between external customers and internal project team. Work with development team and quality assurance team supporting all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
This position includes the following duties. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Assist in developing internal and external meeting objectives and agendas and publish minutes.
- Gather, analyze, negotiate, define and document requirements for approval based on project scope and schedule.
- Assist Project Management with managing customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Identify project artifacts as part of deliverables.
- Work with Project Management, Project Lead, Technical Lead and other team members to translate business requirements into functional design.
- Manage time to ensure sign off of deliverables (Requirements and Functional Design document) to project schedule.
- Assist and/or guide development team in understanding requirements.
- Participate in weekly project status meetings to review activities from the various functional teams and ensure efficient coordination, as well as raise issues/concerns/risks as necessary.
- Develop business opportunities by identifying ideas and features to be included in next release.
- May take the duties of other roles such as Quality Assurance and Technical Writer as needed for projects.
- Project Initiation
- Assist Project Management or Project Lead to execute project vision and scope
- Assist Project Management or Project Lead to develop project plan
- Identify core functionally
- Participate in kickoff meeting
- Define customer specific and project artifacts
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and communicate with internal technical staff, internal management and customers
- Desire to learn all aspects of the Tolling arena including software, hardware, and business
- Desire to be part of the high paced, high energy environment
- Have a “can-do” positive attitude and the willingness to get hands dirty
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent degree. Work experience highly valued.