Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Role: Business Solutions Analyst
Location: 100% remote - hours are Central time zone
Type: 6-month contract
Rate: $47+/hourly, DOE
• Works on one or more projects as the sole BSA or as part of a group of BSAs.
• Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for one or more functional areas.
• Works with stakeholders/functional areas to identify and understand their needs and concerns and understand the environment in which they work.
• Transforms business needs into clearly defined requirements that can feasibly be tested and implemented in a solution.
• Defines project scope and recommends alternative solution approaches.
• Performs Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring activities including: 1) identification of stakeholders, 2) selection of business analysis techniques and the process that will be used to manage requirements and 3) identification of how to assess the progress of the work across all levels.
• Works with stakeholders to document as-is and to-be business processes.
• Develops, writes and communicates business requirements documentation and ensures appropriate stakeholder sign-off.
• Participates in solution selection process and helps identify which solution best fits the business need. Activities can include: vendor product research, RFP development, vendor demonstrations and scenario scripting, vendor selection criteria/scoring methodology.
• Facilitates requirements reviews with all impacted stakeholders including business functions, IT security, IT infrastructure, application support, compliance, legal, and contracting.
• Develops initial budget estimates and resource requirements for solution implementation
• Consults on system testing activities to ensure system is developed according to defined requirements.
• Develops user acceptance test plans and assists business customers with testing functionality against stated requirements.
• Builds and maintains excellent relationships with customers, IT colleagues, contractors, vendors and consultants while managing their expectations.
• Stays abreast of significant change management initiatives and assesses organizational impacts.
• Provides mentoring, training, and problem solving assistance to other team members.
• Actively participates in activities to grow and develop the department.
• Participates or leads internal committees to continuously improve processes, tools or the organization in general.
• Bachelor’s degree in programming, computer science, MIS or equivalent experience.
• CCBA or CBAP preferred
• Solid understanding of Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a business or solutions analyst
• 2 years’ experience working in healthcare/medical environment preferred
• Experience working with SDLC and project management methodologies; PMP is desirable but not required.
• Experience assessing medium complexity solutions and participating in solution selections through RFI/RFP.
• Must be highly skilled and experienced working with Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Word
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Effectively manages time and balances multiple priorities
• Takes initiative and acts without waiting for direction
• Anticipates customers’ needs and meets and/or exceeds expectations
• Displays a strong sense of urgency
• Strong interpersonal skills; builds rapport and relates well with all kinds of people. Treats everyone with respect.
• Deals well with ambiguity and change.
• Writes in ways that make abstract concepts, issues and information clear and understandable to a wide variety of audiences.
• Analyzes problems utilizing logic and systematic processes.