Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Business Process Consultant Associate to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Business Process Consultant Associate
Location: This position will be work from home until October. Then, they will evaluate when it is safe to return to work at the Durham, NC office again. Alternatively, if you live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia; you may work remotely.
Term: 5 months
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: Supports work to integrate process excellence into various organization-wide cross-functional initiatives to enhance effectiveness by aligning business processes with business strategy. The position will work with various teams to provide expertise in improving processes using Lean, Six Sigma, and other CPI knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Use independent judgment and initiative to review, analyze and develop solutions for business process. Identifies and quantifies the business impact of those solutions. Focus on enterprise solutions that balance customer needs and operational efficiencies.
- Act as Business Lead on enterprise-wide projects; other duties include developing applicable business processes, cost benefit analysis, and develop implementation plans with Business area.
- Handle all functions related to enterprise business support and/or project implementations including a mix of the following: quality assurance, development of process design, problem resolution, and development, training, coaching, mentoring, and providing leadership for matrixed teams.
- Partner with multiple departments for analysis and development of all business processes and/or requirements to ensure quality, cost effectiveness, timeliness of customer service, and regulatory requirements and mandates are met.
- Propose a variety of process solutions to business issues/problems utilizing appropriate analysis tools (i.e. Cost/Benefit Analysis, Flow Charting, etc.).
- Apply a structured business process focused approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics.
- Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
- Define the data and other business information shared across the enterprise and the relationships between that information.
- Initiate continuous improvement through oversight, planning, value stream mapping, and facilitating of projects in order to drive sustainable results
- Drive measurable business process improvements.
- Responsible for process investigation, detailed documentation and evaluation of cross-functional business processes for smaller scope projects or for work streams within larger projects.
- Develop metrics and analyses data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities. Collects data to identify root cause of problems. Measures performance against process requirements. Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
- Responsible for identifying the need for appropriate process perspectives in business discussions and projects.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors Degree (if candidate has a BS degree in Industrial Engineering (or related degree), then we would consider a new graduate for this role. Otherwise the second bullet would apply.)
- 1-2 years experience as a Business Analyst and/or Project Manager; or 1-2 years experience within the Healthcare Industry
- If no degree, 3 years experience as a Business Analyst and/or Project Manager
- Lean Certification (or obtain within 1 year).
- Hands-on experience in the application of Business Process Analysis tools, techniques and documentation encompassing Current State Processes analysis, Current State Performance and Metrics, Issues, Disconnects, Opportunities, Root Cause Analysis, Business Case Development, Future State Design Specifications, Future State Design of Processes, Roles and Responsibilities, Metrics, Process Planning and Management, Detailed Design and Implementation of process improvements
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, and enabling technologies.
- Proven ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected business information, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization.
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business capabilities.
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Strong data/financial analysis and modeling abilities.
- Proven analytical skills to assess problems and develop solutions/improvements.
- Proven examples of successful collaboration and teamwork efforts. (Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills.)
- Proven communication skills including influencing, conflict resolution, facilitation, executive presentations, oral and written communications with both business and technology colleagues across all levels of the organization.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven facilitation skills with previous experience designing workshops, facilitating group sessions and working with teams to gain crucial input from key contributors.
- Strong research and investigation skills.
- Driven to produce high-quality results.