Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Business Process Consultant to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Business Process Consultant
Location: Remote but local to Raleigh-Durham, NC; occasional onsite meetings
Term: 6 months plus extensions with possibility to convert
- Leads work to enhance effectiveness of the organization at the enterprise level by linking business strategy to business process.
- Will work on cross functional teams to drive process improvements using Lean, Six Sigma, and other continuous process improvement tools.
- Support Enterprise Initiative projects in a specialist role.
- Apply relevant tools and techniques to assess impact based on changes to the enabling technologies that support business processes.
- Lead development of future state process and drive changes across business and operations.
- Lead Business Process Improvement projects identified across the enterprise.
- This includes application of continuous process improvement skills and methodologies to articulate the problem, baseline current state analyze root cause, recommend improvements, and monitor results.
- Achieve an outcome that provides sustainable solutions to the client.
- Support the deployment of process excellence across the enterprise through delivery of formal training on Lean and Six Sigma, mentoring projects executed within a division, and championing business process methods in communities of practice.
- Lead internal management consulting efforts as identified and as needed. This includes unbiased assessment and resulting recommendations to managers and executives.
- Execute projects, deliverables, and measurable results in the context of Enterprise Process Architecture and strategic enterprise goals
- Contribute to structure, procedures, and templates within the department to enhance the value-add to the enterprise. Works with department leadership and colleagues to continuously improve department offerings and share best practices of business process knowledge and tools
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Business Analyst and/or Project Manager.
- Lean Six Sigma required.
- Change management experience
- Bachelors Degree and 3 years experience (or Master’s degree with 1-2 years experience) as a Management Consultant.
- If no degree, 5 years experience as a Management Consultant, Business Analyst and/or Project Manager is required.
- Safe agile certification or knowledge.
- Proven track record of self development and professional growth
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification at Green or Black Belt level preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (within 2 years)
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Masters’ Degree in Business, Information Services, Statistics, or Engineering is preferred.
Business Process Management
- Hands-on experience in the application of business process analysis tools including but not limited to: Current state processes analysis, current state performance and metrics, issue identification, root cause analysis, business case development, cost benefit analysis, future state design, roles and responsibilities, metrics, process control and management
- Proven ability to plan and deploy business process initiatives
- Proven ability to apply business process principles to business solutions
- Ability to create visualization and high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business capabilities
- Proven facilitation skills with previous experience designing workshops, facilitating sessions and working with teams to gain crucial input from key contributors
- Ability to develop metrics, collects data, analyze data to identify root cause, measures performance against process requirements.
- Strong research and investigation skills
- Proven analytical skills to assess problems and develop solutions/improvements.
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
- Strong data/financial analysis and modeling abilities.
- Possesses a broad enterprise view of the business as well as understanding of how the internal clients and own business operates
Understands the external industry environment
- Ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Proven ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected business information, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization
Client Engagement Management
- Understands and defines client requirements
- Manages stakeholder expectations, maintaining focus on overall deliverables, and applying contractual terms of engagement
- Ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Ability to guide management and employees towards collectively achieving desired results
- Ability to apply project management principles to consulting projects, including schedule, scope, communications, risk, and quality
- Manages multiple client projects effectively ensuring objectives and deadlines are met
- Operates with professionalism and integrity, including conduct, and acting in the best interests of the client
- Driven to produce high-quality results