The BI ETL Developer will help drive and influence all aspects of data consumption, transformation, and presentation. The role will entail gathering requirements and implementing data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. It will require excellent attention to detail and a passion for data-driven solutions. The BI ETL Developer frequently examines functional specifications for translation into system guidelines that shape product development. This role will frequently research existing systems to align projects and devise solutions suitable to those systems. They may also meet directly with clients to demonstrate solutions, answer questions regarding software capabilities and requirements, and work to resolve issues that arise during the development cycle. The overall goal of the Business Intelligence team is to discover and build meaningful presentations of data and to streamline/simplify the efforts required to achieve the results. The goal of the BI ETL Developer is to implement and support those solutions, in our existing data warehouse and in our go-forward solutions in the cloud.
- Gather requirements and specifications from clients and users during the project development lifecycle.
- Develop project specifications using familiarity with functional requirements and knowledge of existing systems.
- Create detailed designs for database, ETL and reports.
- Build solutions using MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Azure Data Factory, and Power BI.
- Share knowledge on best practices with SQL Server tools and Azure Data Factory.
- Engage directly with clients to provide feedback and updates (via calls, meetings, reports, presentations, and demonstrations) on projects throughout the development lifecycle.
- Hands-on use of tools to prototype or proof-of-concept potential solutions.
- Follow and in some cases enhance change management procedures for BI solutions.
- Be passionate about solving business problems with data-driven solutions.
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8 years of progressive roles within information solutions departments
- 4 years of experience designing and developing DW/BI applications in Microsoft SQL Server
- 2 years of experience designing and building solutions using Azure Data Factory tools
- 2 years of experience designing and building reports using Power BI
- 2 years of experience building reporting applications sourced from an ERP system
- 2 years of experience of building solutions for business intelligence applications
- 2 years of experience developing reports using SSRS
- 2 years of experience using SSMS, Visual Studio, or comparable tool
- Data management and data governance experience
- Understanding of ERP processes
- Thorough knowledge of Software Lifecycle
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- High level of maturity and confidence necessary to interact with internal and external clients
- Strong leadership and customer service skills with the ability to ensure that a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Product knowledge with clear technical understanding of services to be able to effectively communicate to customer
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail, flexibility and creativity
- Persistence coupled with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, work with minimal supervision, and maintain confidentiality of shared information and/or assignments
- Experience with JD Edwards is a plus
- Experience with AS/400 is a plus