Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst to join their team for a contract to hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
** While the position is Remote, work from home, to be eligible to convert to an employee of this company, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
Term: 6 months, potential contract to hire
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: Act as a liaison between the business and technical communities for reporting/analytic development purposes. Design and develop Business Intelligence content (reports, dashboards, scorecards, analytic solutions) by identifying reporting/analytic requirements and determining business rules through a structured elicitation process. Ensure that information and BI content satisfies Enterprise business needs and the needs of individual departments.
- Elicit and review business reporting and analytic requirements from the business groups through formal interviews or facilitated sessions and translate into technical designs for enterprise business intelligence implementation.
- Develop BI content (reports, dashboards, scorecards, analytic solutions) through the entire development life-cycle to provide data necessary to effectively make business decisions and measure goal attainment and overall performance.
- Participate in work-stream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions that emphasize speed to market results.
- Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms
- Assist in BI tool evaluation including the development of proof-of-concept and pilot solutions.
- Develop knowledge of business area processes and information needs and apply that knowledge in designing BI content for our users.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with the business community to ensure accurate delivery of data from the business requirements with the goal of receiving sign off.
- Guide and advise business areas in identifying new data needs and delivery mechanisms for reporting information as well as self-service solutions.
- Provide assistance to business areas in understanding enterprise data content, definitions and usage and the available BI tools.
- Work with business areas to adapt their business processes to effectively use enterprise data sources for information and analytical needs.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Viz dev is the highest priority, then SAS/Business Objects
- Bachelors degree with 5 years of proven Business Intelligence development skills.
- If no degree, 7 years of proven Business Intelligence development skills
- Preferences: actual Healthcare experience, Tableau, Alteryx, ETL; problem solving, independent thinker, able to troubleshoot/problem solve; tasks vary widely on the team, opportunities for maintenance/updating of existing processes; SQL/SAS experience who can dig into code quickly and determine if there are issues/ways to improve the code; strong database app dev experience (Teradata, Oracle, etc); skills that can be applied to the future - eventually moving to Snowflake, seeing more Python dev; not necessarily full stack but flexibility to learn and can adapt to new environments; agile background (Jira, Confluence) would be nice to have
- 8 BI D/As, 3 devs, quasi agile environment/hybrid agile environment
- Business analysis experience with larger scale projects preferred
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Experience with SAP Business Objects Xi suite of tools (Webi, Deski, Crystal, Xcelsius), or other enterprise class BI tools (e.g., (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, SAS BI & analytics)
- Experience with visualization technologies like Tableau
- Experience with data warehouse development on one or more of the following platforms: Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Experience with ETL tools such as Ab Initio, Informatica, IBM DataStage
- Experience with the development of logical and physical data models
- Knowledge of Cloud based platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of Big Data Technologies
- Understanding of project management practices
- Proven capability in problem solving, data analysis and creative solutions to technical and business information problems
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to and apply rapidly changing technology to business needs
- Strong collaboration and decision making skills
- Strong organizational skills which allow progress on concurrent tasks from separate projects
- Able to work effectively on a project team and be highly accountable for results
- Focus on continuous learning