Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
Location: This position is remote** (see below)
Term: 6 months + extensions, possible contract-to-hire
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: Act as a liaison between multiple business areas and technical communities for more complex reporting and analytic development purposes. Independently design and develop Business Intelligence content (reports, dashboards, scorecards, analytic solutions) by identifying reporting/analytic requirements and determining business rules through a structured elicitation process. Ensure that information and BI content satisfies Enterprise business needs and the needs of individual departments.
- Elicit and review business reporting requirements from the business groups through formal interviews or facilitated sessions and translate into more complex technical designs for enterprise business intelligence implementation.
- Coordinate and independently develop BI content (reports, dashboards, scorecards, more complex analytic solutions) through the entire development life-cycle to provide data necessary to effectively make business decisions and measure goal attainment and overall performance.
- Participate in work-stream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions that emphasize speed to market results.
- Independently perform more complex analysis for a wide range of requests, using data in different formats and from various platforms, and identify behavioral data and patterns.
- Provide BI tool evaluation including the development of proof-of-concept and pilot solutions
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of business area processes and information needs and apply that knowledge in developing BI content for other users.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with the business community to ensure accurate delivery of data from the business requirements with the goal of receiving sign off.
- Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborate with management, and business areas to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions as well as self-service solutions.
- Share expertise with business areas to assist in understanding enterprise data content, definitions and usage and the available BI tools.
- Work with business areas to adapt their business processes to effectively use enterprise data sources for information and analytical needs
- Identify opportunities to improve departmental efficiencies or to better facilitate completion of projects within the allocated time and budget. Provide inputs to project schedules and risk assessments.
- Supports and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Mentor and assist less senior team members as needed.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors Degree with 7 years of proven Business Intelligence development skills
- Alteryx (or) Any Data Blending Tool such as SAS & Excel
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Experience with visualization technologies like Tableau
- Experience with data warehouse development on one or more of the following platforms: Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Experience with ETL tools such as Ab Initio, Informatica, IBM DataStage
- Knowledge of Cloud based platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of Big Data Technologies