Our client is seeking a Business Intelligence Data Engineer / Architect for a direct hire opportunity located in Richardson, TX.
- This position will support data analytics initiatives and the global business intelligence platform.
- They will be responsible for the overall architecture, design, and direction of how to evolve the existing Azure based PowerBI solution.
- This position will evolve the overall roadmap of the platform and architecting & implementing the solution and will be driving the solution forward and interacting with all levels of the organization.
- This person will have primary responsibility for all back-end processes, data movements, and transformation.
- This based on Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, and Databricks.
- Ultimately, this position will work across all aspects of developing and documenting requirements, extending the data model, developing the ETL steps needed to load from source to target, and deploy into production.
- Given the nature of the role, this person will also have secondary responsibility for developing and deploying reports and dashboards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential):
- Lead workshops and design sessions to identify and document requirements.
- Design and implement solutions including integration, data mappings, and data models.
- Use services and tools to ingest, egress, and transform data from multiple sources.
- Write and tune SQL-stored procedures for reports, infrastructure, and ETL.
- Consult with the infrastructure team on server and data storage services.
- Monitor and adjust for maximum performance, compliance, and efficiency of the Business Intelligence solution.
- Act as a change agent in the organization to foster use of self-service analytics, data governance and visual discovery while guiding changes and limited reliance on manual data processes.
- Champion data quality, integrity, and reliability throughout the department by designing data flow models and promoting development best practices with best of breed automation tools.
- Special Location/Position Requirements:
- Ideally located in Richardson, Texas, but will have occasional travel to our other U.S. and international locations
Job Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.):
- Business Intelligence Technology: SSRS, Power BI
- Hands-on experience in Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics / Datawarehouse, Azure
- ETL Technology: SSIS, DataStorage, Informatica
- Database/Data Virtualization Technology: SQL Server
- Experience with Cloud offerings
- Deep experience with Power BI architecture on Office 365 and Azure.
- Comprehensive knowledge in software development lifecycles/methodologies, i.e. agile.
- Skilled in leading data modeling and data architecture
- Six (6) years of Data Mapping and Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) design and development experience.
- Experience with data lakes, data storage, and data normalization
- Data transformation and/or integration processing using ETL/ELT technologies
- Strong grasp of advanced SQL writing and query tuning/optimization
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling
- Experience in creating data visualization and meeting end user requirements
- Has led the implementation of significant BI deployment and other data analytic tools.
- Migrating existing reports and interfaces from other platforms to Power BI
- Capable of leading conference room pilots and end user design sessions
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation and obtaining sign off.
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Normal office conditions.
- Office located in a two-story office building.
- Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interaction with other people.
- Normal office conditions include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting, driving and/or traveling.