Position: Business Intelligence Analyst (Qlikview)
Location: Carrollton, TX 75010
Term: 6 Months
Under general direction of the Manager of Applications Development or other management level associate, responsible for the development, installation, and maintenance of systems software.
- Operates as the primary contact between customers and the reporting / analytics team and the IT business analytics responsible for delivering business intelligence solutions.
- Assesses analytics and reporting needs; provides recommendations for enhanced solutions and matches needs to business intelligence tools and capabilities.
- Works with Business Intelligence and Information Technology team members to communicate requirements and ensure delivery of quality business intelligence solutions.
- Codes, tests, debugs and documents complex programs, and enhances existing programs to ensure that data processing production systems continue to meet user requirements.
- Interacts with user management regarding project status and user requirements to promote an environment with improved productivity and satisfaction.
- Provides technical leadership and training for entry-level team members.
- Assists in scheduling, determining manpower requirements, and estimating costs to project completion in order to meet user requirements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have skills:
- Power BI
- Business Objects 4.0+
- Intermediate SQL
- Data mining
- Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Normally requires a minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. Experience with Xcelsius, Business Objects, and database skills preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Knowledge of Company's business practices and vision
- Familiarity with Business Objects 3.1 or greater
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, SQL Server 2000, Adobe Acrobat, Visual Studio.net and web-based applications
- Experience with PowerBI, Qlik or Tableau
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to use good judgment in conveying project status and problem escalation
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail