Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs.
Position: Business Impact Testing Lead
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Term: 6 months
The Business Impact Testing Lead is responsible for collaboration efforts with the Quality Management Office (QMO) and business stakeholders. The role will ensure that the business impact testing efforts will focus on desired business areas of concern to determine if objectives will be met and desired outcomes achieved. The role will ensure that all enterprise business impact testing occurs and results are analyzed and shared. The role will ensure that business stakeholders are provided key business findings and impacts in order to make key determinations with respect to changes in the organizations needed as a result of impacts found.
Major Job Functions/Components
- Provide inputs to Comprehensive Test Strategy (CTS) and other Key Test Artifacts: Scope, Requirements, Objectives, and Schedule to ensure alignment with enterprise/business objectives.
- Evaluate incoming requests to produce BIT scope, Impact Analysis, resource needs, level of effort, etc.
- Participate with impacted stakeholders to obtain requirements and objectives needed to create test scenarios and test cases
- Translate and review with business the requirements that will result in test cases and scenarios and obtain all approvals
- Create and oversee a BIT project schedule to support timely, comprehensive, business impact testing efforts - e.g., test collaterals, reference materials, test environment, seed data, security access, test lab
- Document, escalate and monitor resolution of test execution concerns, risks, and defects identified with QMO and Business Stakeholders
- Collect and evaluate test results from testing performed by Business SMEs against pre-defined expectations/outcomes
- Participate on projects throughout the SDLC to understand the changes and the impact to testing and the business
- Document Business Insights Report that interprets the Business Impact Testing Report findings from the lens of key impacted stakeholders - conveying the What does this mean and obtain final sign-offs
- Document business expectations/outcomes and ensure best practices regarding the creation of test scenarios and test cases
- Oversee the creation of business impact testing onboarding materials/target artifacts
- For all defects moving into production, host a formal Transition Meeting with Business Stakeholders and Business Partners, to provide knowledge share on business impact assessment, risk treatment plan (Accept, Avoid, Transfer, Mitigate), Plan of Action for Stop-Gap, Historical Corrective Plan and Solutions Plan
- Perform impact and predictive/forecast analysis for inclusion in reports
- Provide status reports to QMO and impacted Stakeholders
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors degree and 3 years combined business analysis, testing, auditing and/or quality assurance experience
- In lieu of degree, 5 years combined analysis, testing, auditing and/or quality assurance experience
- Knowledge of related business area to be tested e.g. claims, membership etc.
- Experience in project management/reporting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Business Process Redesign and Analysis
- Business Analyst Experience - creation of business, functional or technical requirements
- Risk Management
- Incident and Problem Management
- Healthcare Knowledge - Full End-to-End Lifecycle
- Project Management - Organizational & Time Management
- Outcomes and Process Oriented - Drives action to achieve desired objectives
- Analytical - Objective/Factual; Able to forecast trends; Predictive analytics
- Problem Solver - Thought Leader; Strategic as well as Tactical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to facilitate productive, cross-functional meetings with divergent stakeholder perspectives
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Effective time management and organizational skills*