Our client is seeking a Business Development Representative for a direct hire opportunity located in Dallas, Houston and SA/Rio Grand Valley areas.
Roles and Responsibilities: The Business Development Representative is responsible for revenue growth in Texas which encompasses the following: generating leads & building a pipeline of sales opportunities, advancing the sales process, closing new business and achieving a sales quota. This role will build not only relationships with corporate clients, but also build & nurture relationships with local brokers and consultants. This sales executive will actively participate in the planning and execution of marketing and/or PR activities that will connect him/her to the Houston, San Antonio, Rio Grand Valley or DFW marketplaces.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Brings an existing network of clients to company that can be converted to sales opportunities.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects, evaluating client feasibility & readiness, researching and analyzing sales potential.
- Builds a high level of knowledge of the Healthcare Highway products and services so that they can offer appropriate solutions to the client.
- Sells company products & services by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects – both corporately and in the broker community.
- Nurtures relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; and recommending service improvements.
- Creates a learning and process improvement mindset.
- Options could be but are not limited to: attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional organizations.
- Assists in responding to RFP responses.
- Volunteer for speaking opportunities in industry related organizations that would highlight the company.
- Deliver sales presentations solo or as a team.
- Provide accurate sales data & forecasting via Salesforce.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in a B2B environment.
- Have a consultative selling approach.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Preferred 1 year selling in the employee benefits space, specifically to clients that are self-funded.
- Experience could come from an insurance carrier, health plan, TPA, PBM or brokerage/consulting firm.
- A qualified candidate will be a self-starter who has strong attention to detail.
- Time management and follow through are an important asset in this position.
- Proven sales record of success in a B2B industry.
- CRM experience
- Presentation experience
- Some travel may be required