Location: fully remote - candidate can work anywhere in the US manager flexible with time zones
Contract Opportunity - 12 months (longer term / conversion possible)
Our rapidly growing SaaS client is hiring!
Seeking a business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) specialist to join our growing security risk and compliance team. The successful candidate will contribute to strategy definition and tactical execution of disaster recovery initiatives across our global presence. We are looking for someone who can work across functions and geographies to identify and mitigate business continuity risks. Successful candidates will have direct experience identifying operational and technical risks, developing business continuity and disaster recovery strategies in cloud environments, supporting a BC global program, and proven project management skills to keep a broad set of stakeholders informed.
- Establish best practices, standards, procedures, and other artifacts to support the Business Continuity Management program office.
- Coordinate with internal teams and third-party vendors to document, plan, exercise, and execute business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Identify process improvements and support ongoing maintenance activities to ensure BC/DR plans are current and compliant.
- Manage the test lifecycle supporting and facilitating testing/exercises with business, infrastructure, and applications teams.
- Manage a central repository of plans, procedures, test results, and other BC/DR related artifacts.
- Work across departments and drive improvements to business resiliency.
- Regularly report BC/DR readiness through reports, dashboards, and PowerPoint.
- Partner with information security teams and IT to spread awareness of disaster recovery processes and ensure compliance.
- Provide incident response support during a business disruption event.
- Monitor news and alert services to identify events that could impact our offices or employees.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or computer science or equivalent experience in a related field.
- At least five years of BC/DR experience developing and maintaining, and testing recovery plans.
- Experience supporting DR in the cloud (preferably AWS), data centers, or critical infrastructure environments.
- Subject matter expertise in business and technology recovery strategies and applying them to perform risk analyses and business impact analyses.
- Experience with real-world incident response or business disruption events.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure and support areas such as storage, database, networks, backups, security, and operating systems.
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external resources.
- Capable of managing multiple assignments/priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project/program management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Advanced degree in related field preferred
- Business Continuity industry certification(s) preferred (CBCP, CBCI)
- Experience in managing a complex business continuity program
- Previous experience managing companies and leaders through business disruption events
- ServiceNow experience a plus
- Jira, Confluence experience a plus
- SharePoint experience a plus