Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to be a part of building a better working world for customers and communities.
Position: Business Analyst (Remote)
Location: Secaucus, NJ, 07094
Term: 6 months
- Design cost models for services delivered by Compute, End User Technology and Core Business Services like Server, Storage, Database, Desktop, Messaging etc. taking into consideration all cost components.
- Develop the cost models in Excel based tools, support the transformation to a financial management solution, e.g. Apptio and maintain in the solution ongoing.
- Lead a virtual group of different stakeholders that includes product and service owners and finance team to gather data and their input into the service costing.
- Enable Product and Service owners to capture and provide all inventory details needed for service costing as input into service costing and automate the data input where possible.
- Perform detailed analysis on monthly chargeback bill and provide insights on consumption, spend vs budget, forecasting trends across chargeback amount, capacity and utilization.
- Assess and analyze vendor or original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quotes with respect to hardware, software and service packs.
- Agree and implement changes to the service cost model in the supporting system, e.g. develop new rates across service lines and simulate the rates and ensure recovery targets are met.
- Define and implement reporting to support the Service Costing and charge back activities and KPIs.
- Perform risk assessment and provide mitigation plan.
- Awareness of market pricing for Services delivered and ensure delivery of services in ET is within top quartile cost performance.
- Continuously assess ET costing as compared to market and offer insights into gaps.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Describe the kind of problems and challenges typically faced, and decisions required to perform the job, as well as recommendations made to supervisors or others.
- Focus on the nature of existing policies, precedents and procedures used to guide decisions, and the degree to which the incumbent is free to make decisions requiring interpretation and judgment.
- The role maintains all aspects of service costing and pricing and guide discussions on expansion and enhancements to current model in place.
- Manages one customer group for product/service costing and charge back definitions and runs their costing and pricing activities.
- Establishes and analyzes reporting inclusive of the establishment of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Critical Success Factors (CSF) to review or validate the effectiveness of product/service costing and cost recovery within the Service Costing Framework. The role is the primary point of contact for questions related to the monthly charges ET charges and operates at the deep level of knowledge about the units charged and acts as a facilitator to involve product/services owners in more detailed questions.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, MIS, IT or equivalent work related experience.
- 4-6 years’ experience with Visio.
- 4-6 years’ experience with Microsoft Word.
- 4-6 years’ experience with Microsoft Excel.
- 4-6 years’ experience with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- 4-6 years’ experience with Lotus Notes.
- 1-3 years’ experience with Microsoft Outlook
- 4-6 years’ experience in Requirements Management.
- 4-6 years’ experience Requirements Development.
- 4-6 years’ experience Process Modeling.
- Strong Facilitation, Analytical Thinking, Communication and Conflict Management Skills.
- Moderate to Strong Effective Listening, Leadership, Report Writing, Problem Solving, Relationship Management and Negotiation skills.
Even better if you have:
- Advanced degree specialized in Finance.
- ITIL v2 or V3 expertise / knowledge.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT planning, Financial Consulting focused on service pricing and financial constructs.
- Knowledge in recovery mechanism, chargeback, service costing.
- Prior professional services consulting experience.
- Experience with exposure to senior leaders and C-level management.
- Management of a team with resources in multiple geographies.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!