Position: Business Analyst - Part-Time
Term: 12 Months
We are looking for a part-time Business Analyst to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity.
- Participate as member of Technical Team.
- Be a key resource for analyzing data needs and designing data flows in context of system architecture.
- Serve as liaison between technology teams, support teams and business units.
- Coordinate with project manager, developers, DBAs, technical and system architects for completing Project Management Office deliverables.
- Interact with end users to verify their data needs including system flows and context of any changes.
- Analyze the input data fields, the processing of data at the data element level, and examine the output.
- Coordinate software development activities with developers, database analysts, system architects, and the software vendor’s technical resources.
- Analyze and design appropriate information processes for data, storage in databases, and reporting outputs to assist the business user.
- Design and create technical specifications for developers to code the internal interfaces.
- Develop testing strategy for end-to-end system testing with inputs and outputs of all application interfaces across environment and in coordination with statewide Payroll Modernization project delivery team.
- Determine data elements and data flows needed for data needs from Payroll Modernization software.
- Present architectural documentation and specifications to the Architectural Group.
- Demonstrated experience in the standard concepts, practices, and deliverables related to Business Analysis in support of software development projects
- Understands how to gather and document requirements.
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with the use of standard market Testing tools.
- May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 6 years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.