Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr. Business Analyst to join their team for a possible contract-to-hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr. Business Analyst
Term: 7 + Months with potential to convert to FTE
** While the position is Remote, work from home, to be eligible to convert to an employee of this company, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
Location: Remote, USA
** US remote, but must be able to work Eastern time zone.
- Sr. Level BA
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of analysis experience to include experience with research, process analysis, developing business requirements, business functional design and managing requirements throughout a project lifecycle. If no degree, 7 years of analysis experience as stated above.
- Experience running meetings, facilitating requirements and writing BRD's
- Worked on projects related to IT (development, app upgrades, infrastructure, etc.)
- Individual Contributor
- Healthcare or health insurance
- Elicit, analyze, document and manage requirements for changes to business processes, policies, information, and information systems for larger and/or more complex business problems.
- Develop and elicit requirements for departmental and corporate projects that are more complex in nature as requested by internal/external customers; prepare business and functional requirements.
- Communicate and validate requirements with stakeholders and identified SMEs.
- Ensure creation of and adherence to requirements approach and management plan in alignment with an overall project plan. Collaborate with project teams to adhere to solution scope and create and maintain requirements traceability.
- Drive and execute business readiness activities including the communication plan to support changes to technology, processes and people.
- Support training and conduct focused analysis to ensure efficiency of project implementations and ensure desired results.
- Develop new procedures, specifications for systems changes or other solution recommendations for more complex product and/or process changes. Work with cross functional management and staff to implement changes.
- Design and conduct post implementation audits and create customer feedback mechanisms to gather ongoing information about business processes. Analyze results and create plans to address weaknesses.
- Identify the business process and organizational impact of solutions; conduct analysis of workflow process and designs, test and implement solutions. Ensure managed requirements change request process and documentation throughout project lifecycle
- Develop and maintain reporting tools for use in measuring business area performance against metrics/industry benchmarks and ensuring data integrity and systems stability in support of operations management.
- Provide timely and accurate access to data, distribute reports and present/explain results to business area supported as well as to other client areas. Work with trainers to develop training programs that target problem areas.
- Use and promote industry standard analysis techniques, such a data flow modeling, use-case analysis, workflow analysis, business process mapping, functional decomposition analysis and/or financial ROI modeling for larger and more complex initiatives.
- Independently create effective presentations for review by varied levels of leadership; thoroughly document all analysis assumptions, procedures and results in a manner appropriate for both senior executive and management review.
- Proactively identify areas of potential business risk, on projects both within and outside of control, make recommendations related to mitigation and escalate as necessary
- Build and support strong business vendor relationships by documenting business issues, determining project needs, and supporting training as needed.
- Provide oversight and regularly perform peer reviews for less experienced analysts.