As the Accounting and Finance focused Business Analyst, you will assist with process analysis and work on projects and day-to-day operations to improve quality, reduce errors and design new business processes. You will work with management, operations and data management teams, and finance business partners to gather and analyze information and make recommendations.
This role requires an analytical mindset, accuracy, attention to detail and creative problem-solving abilities. You will need to create tactical solutions while determining the overall fit into this company's future technology landscape.
As a Business Analyst, you will support the finance and accounting teams, helping measure, analyze and optimizing our core systems while ensuring daily operational efficiency. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain excellent communication regarding project status and priorities with project sponsors, driving planning and tracking of tasks, schedule, resources, dependencies and success criteria.
- Clearly capture, document, and validate business requirements for key business initiatives.
- Collaborate with business partners at various levels to research and validate functional requirements
- Engage and communicate with stakeholders and development to clarify cross-functional and cross-domain requirements, and overcome cross-team obstacles to meet the overall organizational goals
- Perform backlog maintenance through proper story prioritization
- Review, comment, follow-up and target reported defects and enhancement requests
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a business, accounting/finance, technology or equivalent required
- 1 - 3 years of experience working with global finance and accounting organizations, familiarity with accounting practices
- Minimum of 2-5 years as a Process Business Analyst
- Experience writing business requirements, functional specifications, detailed design documents, and test plans, flow charting, and process diagramming.
- Strong Excel skills and certification (preferred)
- Experience writing basic select statements in SQL
- Detailed understanding of best business practices related to Finance and Accounting process required (Order-to-cash, Procure-to-Pay, Travel & Expenses, Accounting close, Fixed Assets, etc.)
Due to COVID-19, you will work remotely until it is safe to return into the office, but there is not an aggressive plan in place, so it's possible that this role could be remote for the rest of the year and part of 2021. Company provides a laptop and phone for every new hire, as well as an initial home office set up budget and quarterly budget for ongoing maintenance of home office environment.
Excellent benefits package available and an annual bonus of 15-20%. Highly desired corporate work environment, solid diversity focus, and very stable business model allowing this company to continue to "weather the storm" of the Covid-19 pandemic.