Position: Business Analyst (Product Owner)
Location: 100% remote during COVID - then onsite 100% in Oakland
Term: 6 months w/potential to extend for full 2 year term
In this role, you will:
- Act as a liaison between the business client and technical organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of highly complex business problems solved through strategic digital solutions
- Lead requirements elicitation sessions to understand business problems and how proposed system enhancements address them while assessing impact to existing functionality and business processes
- Be part of a scrum team and participate in daily standups, lead grooming sessions, author user stories, attend size/commit sessions, provide feedback in retrospectives
- Produce business requirement artifacts – including User Stories, UML, Use Cases, Business Rules, and Supplemental (Non- Functional) Specifications– for complex capabilities
- Work directly with all levels through to senior management across the organization and be considered the highest-level functioning expert
- Be a self-starter, able to multi-task, work well under tight deadlines, and be comfortable working with technical and business teams
- 8-10+ years’ experience in digital-based (multi-device) business systems or e-business consulting.
- A B.S. or B.A Degree or higher
- Experience with Agile methodology (authoring user stories and acceptance criteria to express Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to produce and explain UML (using Enterprise Architect) and use cases.
- Must be a self-starter, able to multi-task, work well under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Financial Services or other highly regulated industry
- Existing knowledge of the company, particularly of one or more current online sales/servicing platforms and related business and functional requirements is highly desirable.
- Skill with requirements management tools, preferably IBM DOORS, JIRA.
- Experience with an account origination platform supporting sales staff internal to the organization is a plus
- Agile scrum/user story/use case experience.