Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Business Analyst
Location: Richmond, VA 23219
Term: 6 months
- Work with the Product Owners to understand business processes and pain points.
- Develop expertise in the customers’ business applications.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis to identify system gaps and deficiencies that require a business, technical or blended approach for resolution.
- Diagram current processes and proposed modifications using process flows, context diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Discover and document requirements and user stories with a focus on improving both business and technical processing.
- Decompose requirements into Epics and Features and create clear and concise user stories that are easy to understand and implement by technical staff.
- Utilize progressive elaboration; map stories to technical design specifications to be used by internal staff to develop the system modifications.
- Identify and group related user stories into Themes, document the dependencies and associated business processes.
- Assist Product Owner in maintaining the product backlog.
- Create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
- Propose alternative solutions that balance cost and benefit, and adequately test a solution’s feasibility for business and technical compatibility.
- Collaborate with staff, vendors, consultants, and contractors as they are engaged on tasks to formulate, detail and test potential and implemented solutions.
- Perform Quality Analyst functions such as defining test objectives, test plans and test cases, and executing test cases (including regression testing).
- Assist Product Owners with testing the deliverables and coordinate User Acceptance Testing.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience delivering business and systems analysis artifacts.
- 5+ years of experience as an Agile Business Analyst; strong understanding of Scrum concepts and methodology.
- Experience organizing and maintaining Product and Sprint backlogs.
- Experience translating client and product strategy requirements into application requirements and user stories.
- Proficient with defining acceptance criteria and managing acceptance process with development.
- Experience with large, multi-module systems.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, Project Server).
- Experience with Application Lifecycle management (ALM).
- Must have exceptional written and oral communications skills and have the proven ability to work well with a diverse set of peers and customers.
Even better if you have:
- CBAP and/or CSPO Certification.
- Experience using Team Foundation Server for agile software development and work item tracking.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Test Complete.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!