Our client is seeking a Business Analyst for a permanent role in Addison, Texas.
The Business Analyst will join a cross-functional group of talented team members in a highly collaborative environment. As the Business Analyst, you will be a significant contributor in the delivery of services, components, standards, and frameworks required to support our business strategy.
- Elicits, analyzes, and validates the business needs of stakeholders.
- Collaborates with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Conducts interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options and with communication back to business stakeholders.
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for feasibility, completeness, and conformity to standards.
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Works with stakeholders and project team to groom and prioritize requirements backlog.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- May participate in the testing of developed software to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized based on requirements.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Three to five years related work experience. Preference may be given to candidates with business analysis experience in insurance operations or financial services.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources
- Working knowledge of Windows office systems
- BS/MS or equivalent in business administration, finance, or information systems is preferred, or a combination of analytical skills and a strong business analysis background
- Preference may be given to candidates that have experience working within an agile/scrum framework.