Our Atlanta-based client is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to work with the Data Warehouse team for a long-term contract position in Sandy Springs. Your primary responsibilities will be to capture and document our data landscape including source systems, business rules, data definitions, reporting requirements, processes, reports and transformations used to provide data. The documentation will be captured and maintained using the data governance tool, Govern.
- Capture and document business rules, data definitions, and reporting requirements using business terminology and language
- Document processes, reports, and transformations used to provide data to the school district
- Populate and maintain our data governance tool (Govern)
- Create automated processes to ensure that the data governance tool is kept in sync with the data warehouse database catalog.
- Develop and implement test plans/scenarios to ensure successful delivery of a project.
- Participates in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during project delivery.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design/project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT
- 5+ years of experience working as a Functional, Data or Business Analyst
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with requirements management, use case, modeling tools, and data catalog and repository tools.
- Experience with applying and general knowledge of various analysis and gathering approaches, methodologies and models.
- Basic SQL query skills and understanding of the SQL Server Catalog.
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical/implementation levels.
- Strong analytical and planning skills/experience with Business Intelligence projects.
- Knowledge of the K-12 Education environment is required and experience in the K-12 Education environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the Erwin data modeling tool is a plus.
If this sounds like you, apply with MATRIX today!