Our client has an excellent permanent opportunity at their corporate offices in Chicago for a Business Analyst on the Information Technology team. Great culture, work life balance, and mission!! If you are a fit, apply today!
Title: Business Analyst
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Hybrid: Onsite 3 days/week
Requirement Review Sessions & Testing
- Participate in requirement review sessions to assist in the collection and consolidation of required information, data and business problems
- Develop specifications for solutions that fulfill business requirements
- Recognize and identify areas where existing procedures require re-engineering, recommend new procedures for development; assure that all products, requirements, and design deliverables adhere to design consistency, reusability, and maintainability standards
- Define test approach and execute test requirements (plan, scenario, and desire outcomes)
System Support to End-Users
- Partner with the designated team lead to assist end users
- Participate in technology renewal activities to ensure long-term maintainability of systems and reduce risk of technology obsolescence
Resolve Break Fixes
- Assist the team lead in resolving break fixes; conduct root-cause analysis to determine problems
- Recommend short- and long-term solutions
Reports & Other
- Report project status on a consistent schedule; present concerns, issues, and risks to project manager
- Enhance professional and technical knowledge through formal and informal training sessions
May include other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience with information systems and technology connected to business applications and processes; demonstrated expertise evaluating new technology and how it can improve business processes.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business systems requirements analysis and creation; use of case creation, workflow and data flow modeling, and software design in a client/server or web environment with object modeling tools preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with appropriate database applications.
- Demonstrated experience documenting business systems problems and providing recommendations; demonstrated ability to research industry trends, business products, performance analysis, and feasibility.
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated ability to conceptualize issues and synthesize a response to be presented publicly with an effective, persuasive presentation.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to work long hours and travel to attend educational events, and to meet with vendors and high-level business leaders.