Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Business Analyst
Location: New York, NY
Term: 9 months
- · Lead planning, design, and execution of strategic and transformational initiatives for Equities
- Interact with senior leaders and executive management. Has full management responsibility over a set of project deliverables
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the business leads and COO's in how to best plan and execute holistic change portfolio.
- Lead the design, build-out, and implementation of key solutions, processes and capabilities for CIB lines of business. Efforts would include large-scale business, technology, and control strategic change initiatives
- Create an implementation strategy for business initiatives based on input from business, product development, technology and partner teams, including cost/benefits
- Develop overall book of work (BoW) and support ongoing intake and prioritization process for new initiatives with senior management
- Develop and maintain multi-year roadmap of strategic capabilities and product build out considering business strategy and regulatory environment
- Drive the strategic planning process to identify initiatives and secure appropriate funding
- Lead senior stakeholder forums to provide overall health of the portfolio and issues requiring escalation or decisioning
- Produce consolidated reporting and financial tracking for all items within the portfolio
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Business, Technology, Operations, Risk, etc.) on planning, execution, management and resourcing for LOB specific, cross CIB or Enterprise initiatives
- Actively manage resource requirements. Establish budgets, track budget burn rate vs forecast and manage project funding processes across entire portfolio
- Develop, implement and oversee governance routines for portfolio coordination, management reporting and business readiness across all efforts.
- Ensure that change management (communication & training) and user experience (adoption) is a focus of every project undertaken
- Work with impacted areas to understand complex problems. Focus on bringing issues and risks to resolution; identifying solutions and developing clear options and recommendations that drive decision making
- Use problem solving skills to develop custom approaches and solutions (process improvement, change management, product management, projects, etc.) that are tailored to the problem
- Provide subject matter expertise on applicable product, processes and applications and identify extensions of Corporate & Investment Banking capabilities to other areas
- Consults and provides guidance on the development, implementation, and monitoring of complex matters regarding strategic approaches, effectiveness of support function, business performance improvement opportunities, and helping to manage the risks for the applicable business functions.
- Utilizes thorough knowledge of the LOB's or business group's functional area or products to support and drive strategic initiatives for the business.
- Responsible for support functions and/or operations/production oversight usually for multiple business groups for a Line of Business or for a significantly diverse and complex business group within a Line of Business.
- Functions supported may include: policy/procedure administration and adherence, systems/change initiatives, information security, business continuity planning, capacity planning, legal and regulatory adherence, SLA negotiation/development, reporting and analysis, project funding, pipeline, process improvement, quality management, third party management, communications, financial control/budgeting oversight.
- May present to executive management on business performance and recommends strategies to implement changes and improvements.
- May consult on process execution matters for risk policies/ programs, business process risk/ control assessment at process level.
- May conduct, execute, or manage: risk assessments, ad hoc reviews, quality activities, issue intake process, remediation process, and exam management.
- May provide work direction to lower level staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Must have the ability to understand a broad set of capital markets businesses, market dynamics, and issues impacting a complex set of business activities and personnel
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple initiatives simultaneously, effectively resolving issues and conflicts as they arise
- Ability to lead large, complex, cross functional area initiatives and delivery teams in a matrix management environment
- 8+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services demonstrated through work or military experience