Title: Business Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, our client supports employees and customers through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. They drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so their people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Analyst is responsible for detailed analysis, use case definition, requirements gathering, test planning and execution, process design, and professionally presenting findings (high-quality materials and communication). Concentrating on the systems that will be replaced as part of the bank’s technology transformation, and more importantly the surrounding processes, dependencies and impacts. As a result, this individual will work cross-functionally with multiple project teams, front line producers, technology, operations and vendors.
What you’ll do as a Business Analyst:
- Develop a detailed end-to-end understanding of the applicable products and services offered by the bank, and related technical and process infrastructure. Includes the understanding and development of detailed use cases and documentation of client interactions and related system processes/ interfaces. Includes working as an effective liaison between the front office, business units, operations and technology to ensure that client needs are addressed while maintaining alignment to the Bank’s goals and strategy.
- Complete high-quality analysis and detailed documentation to facilitate effective decision making, client/ Banker communication, and consistent project execution and delivery. Provide business partners, vendors and projects with guidance and high quality documentation/ resources to better design, test, deliver and effectively manage change and risk.
- Develop deep understanding of clients and employee uses/ interactions – direct or indirect. Document general and variance/ exception use cases, requirements and associated communication materials for satisfied, target and gap functionality. Accurately solicit and represent the “voice of the customer” and “voice of the banker” where required.
- Ability to plan and work independently with little direct supervision effectively in a highly complex, entrepreneurial and (often) high pressure environment.
- Given the Bank’s delivery of many technology solutions and related services through third parties, a significant part of these activities involves working closely and effectively with multiple third parties.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
What skills you will use:
- Experience analyzing and writing business and functional requirements (familiarity with Agile preferred).
- Experience with Core banking and related systems.
- Analysis and documentation of operational workflows and system process flows.
- Experience developing complex use cases, test plans, test conditions and scripts.
- Experience in both system and user acceptance testing and documentation of reported defects.
- Experience designing wire frames.
- Experience with data mapping.
- Detailed understanding of digital banking products and services (consumer and/or business online banking, mobile banking).
- Strong business orientation with broad experience and innovative approach to banking processes, technology and change initiatives.
- Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion and achieve group consensus.
- Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
- Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic.
- Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Undergraduate degree required
- 3+ years of business/ process analysis required, web-based services preferred, mobile (smart phone, tablet) services experience a plus
- 3+ years of banking experience required
- 3+ years of experience of project management, business/ technology consulting, and/ or technology delivery strongly preferred
- Strong governance aptitude adhering to project standards, while mitigating risks and scope creep.
- Highly adept user of MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, MS Power Point, and common data analytics tools required
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now