Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Business Analyst
Location: Lansing Michigan 48917
Term: 2 months
- Leading data cleansing analysis and tasks that are required for an application data migration effort. This effort will encompass both automated and manual data cleansing tasks, including working with developers, testers, and other responsible parties.
- Lead all work related to the analysis and updating of documentation related to more than eighty data files (interfaces and integrations) as part of the replacement of a legacy case management system.
- Researching and documenting business rules and data elements for each data file, including reviewing logic used to generate and consume files and documenting this in plain English for business owner review.
- Identifying the impacts to each file for each phase of the implementation.
- Leading/facilitating all meetings with the state agency, the primary software vendor, and the identified 3rd parties consuming or delivering data files to the agency.
- Ensuring that proper documentation is completed with a high level of quality.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of experience and expertise with verbal and written communication with client management, technical team, project management, business management, and business staff in English.
- 7+ years of experience in formulating data cleansing and migration in conjunction with business teams, technical teams, and software vendors.
- 5+ years of experience in coordinating and leading multiple technical and business teams with data cleansing and migration efforts.
- 5+ years of experience documenting data cleansing and migration plans, and explaining such plans to technical teams, business teams, and vendors.
- 5+ years of experience using enterprise data cleansing and migration tools.
- 5+ years of experience in identifying data cleansing and migration risks and assisting in the resolution of project issues.
- 4+ years of experience using Microsoft Office tools for documenting data cleansing and migration plans.
- 3+ years of experience working with information technology teams while implementing new processes involving new software.
Even better if you have:
- 3+ years of experience drafting requirement traceability matrices and test plans for requirement validation.
- 2+ years of professional experience in working with end users on data cleansing tasks.
- 2+ years of experience working within projects involving vendor owned, designed, and hosted solutions.
- 2+ years of experience with State of Michigan SUITE methodology and related documentation.
- Experience working directly for a corrections department or other law enforcement agency as a BA focused on large-scale enterprise IT systems.
- Industry Credentials.
- Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, business administration, or related business field.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!