Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Business Analyst
Location: Richmond Virginia 23220
Term: 2 Months
- Perform requirements elicitation, analysis and management activities.
- Identify, evaluate and have a clear understanding of the high-level business needs of clients and stakeholders.
- Translate business requirements to detailed technical requirements with fluency to enable IT technical teams.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Reconcile conflicting requirements.
- Abstract low-level technical information to a higher-level general understanding.
- Create and update the requirements traceability matrix against architecture, design and test planning.
- Continuously monitor and analyzing potential impacts to requirements and technical scope
- Assist in developing and validating test plans.
- Build business process maps to depict both current state and desired state.
- Conduct risk assessments for solutions including impact on business and technical processes.
- Conduct functional testing and/or partner with quality assurance analysts to ensure adequate coverage of requirements.
- Monitor interface log files to ensure the load of financial data into the financial system on a daily basis.
- Partner with internal and external technical resources to perform research and trace data inconsistencies.
- Partner with internal business resources to understand the impact of system upgrades and enhancements on existing business processes.
- Partner with internal technical resources to understand the impact of Oracles Cloud Financials system upgrades and enhancements to internally maintained interface points.
- Provide support and knowledge to other project teams that are looking to send or receive financial data to/from the financial system.
- Maintain the Financial System product backlog in JIRA.
- Assist the Financial System product owner with prioritizing the backlog.
- Escalate/communicate enhancements that will exceed the bandwidth, capacity and/or capabilities of the team.
- Coordinate change management efforts and for ensuring that the change management process is followed for each release of the financial system.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience formulating and documenting well-formed user stories with detailed acceptance criteria.
- 7+ years of experience effectively using various elicitation techniques (JAD sessions, interviews, surveys, shadowing, etc.) to identify business needs.
- 7+ years of experience creating and maintaining business process flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of both web application and client server application concepts.
- 7+ years of experience creating and maintaining source to target maps.
- Effective meeting facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- 5+ years of experience identifying and making recommendations on business and system process improvements.
- Comfort in interacting with, setting expectations, and resolving requirements & prioritization conflicts with stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience maintaining system protocols by writing and updating procedures and help documentation.
- Ability to perform and scale BSA-related tasks and activities for work efforts of various sizes (small maintenance items to large projects).
- Partners with technical and quality assurance resources to ensure that requirements are implemented and tested per the acceptance criteria.
- Experience assisting product owners or other key stakeholders with UAT planning and execution.
- Effectively break-down BSA activities into relevant tasks and provide estimates for completion.
- Foundational understanding of accounting concepts (receivables and payables, financial position, cash flow and reconciliation).
- Ability to execute simple to moderately complex (multi-table joins) SQL select statements.
- Ability to coordinate across business and technical resources to get needed information on a timely basis and ensure necessary work gets done.
- 5+ years of experience creating and maintaining data definitions (business definitions of data elements) and source to target mappings for system to system interfaces.
- Ability to switch between more waterfall based approaches and iterative-based.
Even better if you have:
- Background with implementation/support of Oracles Cloud Financials system.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!