Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Business Analyst
Location: Richmond, VA 23219
Term: 5 Months
- Conducts project initiation activities to identify new problems and objectives related to computer applications and identifies issues to be addressed in the Requirements Definition Phase.
- Conducts requirements elicitation and documentation for new applications or enhancements to current applications.
- Works with business and Information Systems staff to determine needs and produce an SDLC compliant Requirements Definition document that completely and clearly defines the requirements within the established time frame.
- Ensures documented requirements are clear, concise, complete, and meet established agency guidelines and standards.
- Assists with the development of applicable processes and templates as needed and directed by project leadership to ensure documentation is in a standard, easy to use, and repeatable format.
- Attends application design and development scrum meetings to represent business needs and requirements during design and development processes.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of extensive experience in business and systems analysis, requirements documentation, system development life cycle, and agile application development methodologies such as Scrum.
- 5+ years of extensive experience defining and documenting user requirements from multiple sources, with the ability to prepare complex documents to effectively relay these requirements to both business users and developers.
- 5+ years of extensive experience supporting application development, maintenance, and implementation, systems analysis and design, and business process improvement.
- 5+ years of extensive experience defining and documenting business processes and mapping or developing processes in a new system.
- Considerable experience in testing complex systems to determine that business needs are met.
- Experience conducting meetings and documenting project decisions.
- Ability to successfully participate in a development team, help foster a team environment, and effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Even better if you have:
- Familiarity with web application software development projects using .Net.
- Familiarity with documenting requirements in Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!