Position: Business Analyst
Location: Carrollton, TX 75010
Term: 5 Months
Under general direction of the Manager of CMDB and Asset Management, responsible for developing and maintaining logical and technical data models in the company’s Configuration Management Database (CMDB) in order to match technology owner requirements.
- Configure and maintain ServiceNow Discovery scheduled jobs and overall health
- Develops and maintains logical data models utilizing windows-based data modeling tools.
- Conduct working sessions with technology owners and their subject matter experts to document their data model requirements.
- Analyze data in the company’s CMDB for accuracy, completeness, and staleness.
- Update data in the CMDB according to requirements and analysis
- Works closely with data analyst staff members, data model administrators, technology owners, and subject matter experts
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- ServiceNow Discovery Administration
- ServiceNow CMDB Administration
- Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Normally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience; experience in IT infrastructure or application support is an asset.
- Experience with ServiceNow Configuration Management Database, Discovery, or Service Mapping
- Good hands-on knowledge of data modeling tools. Knowledge of data analysis and E-R Diagramming techniques.
- Understanding of ITIL and Configuration Management
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply applications knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills; effective team player.