Position: Business Analyst
Location: Wethersfield, CT
Term: 4 Months
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team for a contract opportunity.
A highly skilled Business Analyst is sought to elicit and document business requirements for a data system that will be rewritten, as well as help with application testing of an existing data system. Subsequent training of agency staff will also be required. This is expected to be a nine (9) month assignment.
Scope of Services
The scope of services required for the Business Analyst includes:
- Meeting coordination including agenda development and preparing meeting minutes
- Working with the Project Manager and business subject matter expects to gather requirements and current processes for the Accounting department and an auditing tool used by the Programs and Service department
- Translating business needs into understandable requirements, and translating these into clear and concise technical specifications for the development team and non-technical documentation for business users
- Maintaining records of team design decisions and reporting needs
- Designing report layouts
- Assisting in the development of business processes and creating flowcharts
- Creating design documentation and obtaining user validation of requirements.
- Acting as liaison between developer staff and SME to resolve discrepancies, address requirements, questions, and issues.
- Assisting the team with testing and defect documentation for an existing application
- Writing periodic status reports
The scope of services required for the Application Testing includes:
- Validate user interface specifications
- Design test guidelines and standards for business process
- Coordinate with UAT (User acceptance testing)
- Writing validation Scripts
- Preparing test cases for UAT
- Prepare reports on all aspects of testing
The scope of services for training includes;
- Identify training needs, including Agency staff that will be required to attend
- Development training materials and resources to be used for training and as reference for staff after training
- Develop training schedule for Agency staff
- Delivery training to Agency staff
The minimum skills and experience levels required for a candidate to be considered for this position include:
- Strong analysis, problem solving and design skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience writing business requirement documents
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience conducting testing and documenting defects.
- Demonstrated experience as a trainer, training facilitator or similar role
- Clear thinking, flexibility in working relationships and decision making, ability to set individual priorities, be self-directed, and work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization skills, and the ability to work with limited direction.
- Proven ability to work with staff of varying skill levels and experience (executive, business stakeholders, technical, non-technical). This includes facilitating meetings that dig into the technical detail as well as leading meetings with high-level technical and non-technical staff while ensuring the collection of accurate documentation
- Willingness to work closely with the Program Manager
- Flexibility to meet the challenges of an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work remotely
Apply to MATRIX today!