- Function: Accounting / Finance Professional
- Job Ref: 212381
1. Reconcile prior day cash receipts posting logs against banking prior day reports. Bring any deposits in transit / discrepancies to the attention of the cash posting team for resolution.
2. Prepare and post journal entries daily related to the movement of cash between bank accounts resulting from prior day deposits and zero balance account transfers.
3. Daily book to bank reconciliation of cash in the operating, unapplied cash and retainer bank accounts
4. Import all cleared checks into the financial system monthly
5. Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
6. Perform banking inquiries and provide copies of cleared checks as needed
7. Prepare / post GL journal entries to facilitate month-end financial statement preparation
8. Reconcile payroll liability accounts monthly
9. Provide back-up support for the processing of credit card transactions
10. Provide back-up support for AP voucher entry and PAC check processing
11. Provide back-up support for Cash Posting
12. Participate in the Firm’s annual financial statement audit
13. Maintain various spreadsheets and analyses as required
14. Provide clerical assistance to the CFO and Controller as needed
15. Other projects/duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree or minimum 4 years’ work experience in accounting/bookkeeping required
2. Excellent communication skills required
3. Proficiency with EXCEL required
4. Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus
5. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.