MATRIX seeks a Big Data Engineer to work as a critical member of the Big Data group work for our client in Knoxville TN.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or Data Engineer
- Solid Python experience (with a preference to more recent versions)
- Experience with Apache Spark (and PySpark), Hadoop, and HDFS
- Strong SQL skills and experience with SQLAlchemy
- A strong programming background and the ability to apply solid architectural principles and design patterns in the implementation of data processing
- Intimate knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Able to review and track external technologies, products, and emerging standards for their applicability and importance
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Apache Nifi
- Working knowledge of AWS (both S3 and EC2)
- Working knowledge of application servers; Flask, Tornado, or otherwise.
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems (Linux, CentOS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of code repositories and build systems, specifically GIT, Maven, and Jenkins