Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Big Data Engineer
Location: Summit, New Jersey, 07901
Term: 12 months
- Collaborate with the business, other enterprise technology architects & engineering teams.
- Collaborate with data Scientists and build scripts to meet their data needs for ML Model Development.
- Develop, deploying or managing data pipelines Enterprise CI/CD.
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk. Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentors lower level team members.
- Hands on Data engineer with in-depth knowledge of Distributed big data systems, data modeling, coding,
- Experience working with Agile teams adopting and enforcing best practices related to data ETL and metadata management.
- Have a proven experience working in enterprise distributed systems with an expertise in root cause analysis, troubleshooting, debugging, testing
- Expert in API based architecture and have proven experience of building scalable and responsive enterprise API platforms.
- Well versed with python stack including core , distributed and numerical python.
- Ability to design and be involved with solution architecture.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance An industry-standard technology certification Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions