Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Specialty Software Engineer
Location: Summit, NJ; Dallas, TX
Term: 9 months
- Drives and participates in design, development, and implementation of large and complex application, owning your solution through implementation.
- Works closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs, and that test plans and scripts meet customer needs.
- Works with developers and business partners to understand application defects, performance problems, and data anomalies.
- Creates a roadmap for implementation of various data preparation activities for model team and troubleshoots data questions.
- Drives requirements and design discussions in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Lead or participate in complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Assure quality, security and compliance for supported systems and applications.
- Serve as a technical resource in finding software solutions.
- Review and evaluate user needs and determine requirements.
- Provide technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications.
- Create test data and conduct interfaces and unit tests.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Understand and participate to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Conduct research and resolve problems in relation to processes and recommend solutions and process improvements.
- Assist other individuals in advanced software development.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 6+ years of experience in application & data architecture and solution design
- 4+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- 4+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Agile experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a quantitative development team about models and integration strategies
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret large datasets
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management or quantitative modeling
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 5+ years of data modeling experience
- Experience with design, implementation and governance with Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning Architecture
- 3+ years of securities industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management, in financial services
- Experience with risk technology solution design
- 2+ years of cloud computing experience, preferably with GCP