MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in the Beloit, WI area for this BI Reporting Analyst position (This position will require someone to occassionally be onsite until the pandemic passes, then onsite will be required 100% of the time - local candidate preferred). Do you live, eat, and sleep BI Reporting analysis within an ERP environment? Are you able to confidently / assertively answer the following questions (but more importantly are you excited to do so):
1) Have you been involved in reporting requirements gathering activities for BI Analytics?
2) Have you ever designed a report or visualization solution for business users?
3) Have you performed any data analysis in the data warehouse space and can you explain the difference between dimensional and facts?/
4) Do you get excited to work on data warehouse projects?
When projects need you to get your "hands dirty" with the details and be thoroughly involved with the business - do you get excited? Then this job is definitely for you!
- Work with Business Leads to define reporting needs
- Work with Business Leads and SME’s to document reporting requirements (BI & Analytics), user stories and other project artifacts
- Identify reporting gaps
- Assist QA team with development of test scenarios and expected results
- Prepare and help deliver BI design sessions (Dashboards, Reports, analytics)
- Complete activities and deliverables per project plan
- Help track completion of reporting gaps
- Recommend BI solutions to the business in the capacity of a trusted advisor
- Understand dependencies with other systems
Core Skills for all BA Roles
- Ability to lead meetings, including preparation, agenda, execution, notes, follow-up
- Ability to gather and document reporting requirements
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Reporting, and analytics
- Experience supporting development of test cases and training material
- 3-7 years of experience as a Reporting BA or Reporting Analyst.
- Good knowledge of SQL –understanding queries
- Data Analysis skills
- Excellent team player
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office tools
- Experience creating process flow diagrams using Visio
- ERP, CRM, Financials, Sales, healthcare background as these industries are data intensive
- Any exposure to Tableau, OBIEE, Crystal, or any reporting or visualization tool
- Exposure to MS Teams, Jira and Confluence environments