Our Atlanta-based client is seeking an experienced PowerBI Developer for a contract position in Sandy Springs. The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will assist in the design, development, and administrative control of all BI data extracts and reporting activity. The developer uses critical thinking and analytical skills to plan, design, develop, test, coordinate, and implement business intelligence (BI) solutions for the District. Analyzes business, functional, and related issues to formulate and develop new or modified BI solutions. Creates interfaces to exchange data to and from external systems. Coordinates solution test activities, analyzes test results, takes appropriate actions and completes the system documentation. Works directly with business owners to gather requirements and specifications. Performs quality assurance within the BI environment.
- Consults with supervisor, business users, business analysts, and other developers to gather information about solution intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems
- Develop, publish, and schedule Power BI reports, proficient in writing DAX queries
- Strong experience in developing visual reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards using Power BI Desktop.
- Identify, optimize and fine tune performance issues with complex queries/reports
- Enhances and maintains the Tabular model supporting BI reporting
- Participates and leads in resolution of errors and issues
- Creates end to end test transactions, confirms solutions meets specifications, and identifies and resolves errors
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to solutions and specifications
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support reports and processes
- Maintains a proactive view of future demands from business user’s including incremental or minor fixes that should be implemented in the short-term
- Maximizes productivity through good time management, coordination and communication with others, and commitment to set personal goals and meet delivery dates
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in development of BI/Data Warehouse solutions
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse processes and Tabular Modeling concepts, with star and snowflake data models
- Strong skills in utilizing the Microsoft BI stack including Power BI Pro, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Integration Series (SSIS) to deliver BI Solutions. SQL 2012 required and SQL 2017 or later preferred. Experience with Azure Data Factory is a plus.
- Strong T-SQL and DAX skills including advanced coding and performance and tuning
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports
- Able to implement row level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Must have an understanding of general business practices, business analysis, requirements gathering
- Must have superior problem solving skills and techniques to resolve issues that arise with complex business systems
- Proven experience working with business stakeholders to understand their business intelligence needs and delivering those needs
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with District personnel and work with diverse groups of people
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as well as independent setting.
- Be self-driven with the desire to achieve measurable, specific results within tight time frames.
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve critical production issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile development methodology preferred.
- Experience working in an educational environment preferred. Attendance or parental involvement in an American school district is required. We have found that this helps in their understanding of our business processes.
If this sounds like you, apply with MATRIX today!