KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES:
- Design APIs, develop shippable code, documentation and unit test new features for digital products.
- Works with fellow API Developers, Team Leads, Architects to deliver features through the creation of re-usable RESTful APIs.
- Collaborate with Quality, Product and Cloud Engineering teams to keep digital assets fully functional, secure and up to date with business needs.
- Perform pair programming, effectively communicate ideas with the team, assist in systems integration, performance testing and product releases
- Implement policies, roles, data access controls, monitoring events, resolve system and data issues for continuous functioning of APIs
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have 3 years of API / Server-side development experience (preferably Node.js)
- Must have 1 year of experience in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), developing micro-services, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), message queue systems and background task management.
- Must have 1 year of experience in developing NoSQL databases, designing data models and proficient in querying document stores (preferably MongoDB).
- Knowledge in API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, OpenAPI, etc.
- Experience working with API Gateway, CDNs, API Performance testing, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring tools.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.