Back End Node Developer - 100% Remote
FitTech firm seeking a Senior-Level Backend Node Developer to help further develop one of the most creative, effective, and innovative finess training platforms on the market today!
This is a full-time 100% remote position but working PST hours.
- Work as part of a distributed software development team to develop and maintain the backend infrastructure using Node, Express, Parse, GraphQL, and MongoDB
- Develop software in line with our existing software architecture and coding guidelines
- Implement new features and modules in line with our project and release milestones
- Liaise with other members of the team through virtual and physical meetings.
- Liaise with customers over email/online forums to extract technical information and trace issues.
- Share development/team organization work when other members are absent.
Throw your hat in the ring if you have a mix of the following:
- 7 to 10 years of professional experience in commercial software development with 5 years of professional commercial experience with Node.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and programming principles.
- Deep understanding of system architecture for web and mobile applications.
- Node.js experience in a production environment in developing API and interacting with other backend services.
- Experience in identifying, optimizing and scaling API and Database servers in hosted cloud environments.
- MongoDB or other NoSQL databases.
- Experience with queuing services, message bus, publish/subscribe, web sockets, and worker threads.
- Production experience with AWS or other cloud service platforms.
- Good understanding of source control (Git), pull request, and code review processes.
- Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
- Responsible for building, maintaining, optimizing, and adding new features client applications and websites.
- Support new social and real-time features.
Bonus Points for:
- Interest in fitness - cycling, running, swimming, etc..
- Adaptive Bitrate video streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH).
- Parse server.
- Postgres or other SQL databases.
The culture: This is a culture that appreciates people who think differently about how to solve problems. We rally together as a team and think beyond just ourselves. Failure is ok - fail fast and innovate even faster. Own your mistakes and also own your success! Enjoy what you do and have fun!
No sport coats!
Life and AD&D
Equity purchase options
Free fitness products and gadgets
Please send your detailed resume and LinkedIn profile asap to begin a conversation about your passions today!