Position: Azure Database Developer
Location: Atlanta, GA 30334
Term: 10 months
- Collaborate with internal customers, prospects, and stakeholders, understand and translate business use cases and/or requirements into data analysis and data mapping and consequently data integration routines which involves moving, cleansing, and transforming large amounts of data between multiple systems.
- Identifies data sources, provides data flow diagrams, and documents sources to target mapping and process.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect to recommend optimal data models for data ingestion and BI developer for analytic reports.
- Provide technical enablement to team members developing database applications on a cloud platform.
- Facilitate the development of data integration efforts by leading small teams of 1-2 junior developers in addition to Knowledge of ETL Design Patterns, Error Handling, and Configurations.
- Design, implement, and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
- Collaborate with data stewards, data owners, and domain experts to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation.
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning, etc.
- Work with the Data Architect to establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of educational metadata to assure metadata is accurate and valid in the business intelligence environments.
- Ensure data quality through the creation of audit controls, proactive monitoring, and data cleansing techniques.
- Troubleshoot performance and reliability issues and investigate anomalous behavior in the Azure environment.
- Responsible for scheduled data processes integrity checks, performing deployments, and coordinate for releases.
- Experience with Source Version Control software like GitHub and CI/CD pipelines.
- Provide on-call support after hours as and when needed.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5 years’ of experience with Data Modeling.
- 5 years’ of experience with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- 5 years’ of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, T- SQL, PL/SQL.
- 5 years’ of experience with SQL Server Integration Services.
- 3 years’ of experience with Azure Data Factory, and SQL VMs.
- 2 years’ of experience with Azure Data Warehouse.
Even better if you have:
- 2 years’ of experience with Python, PySpark, SparkSQL on Azure Cloud.