Position: Azure Database Developer
Location: Atlanta, GA 30334
- Collaborate with internal customers, prospects, and stakeholders, understand, and translates business use cases and/or requirements into data analysis and data mapping and consequently data integration routines which involves moving, cleansing, and transforming large amount of data between multiple systems.
- Identifies data sources, provides data flow diagrams, and documents source to target mapping and process.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect to recommend optimal data models for data ingestion and BI developer for analytic reports.
- Provide technical enablement to team members developing database applications on a cloud platform.
- Facilitate the development of data integration efforts by leading small teams of 1-2 junior developers in addition to Knowledge of ETL Design Patterns, Error Handling and Configurations.
- Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
- Collaborate with data stewards, data owners and domain experts to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation.
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning etc.
- Work with the Data Architect to establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of educational metadata to assure metadata is accurate and valid in the business intelligence environments.
- Ensure data quality through creation of audit controls, proactive monitoring, and data cleansing techniques.
- Troubleshoot performance and reliability issues and investigate anomalous behavior in the Azure environment.
- Responsible for scheduled data processes integrity checks, performing deployments and coordinate for releases.
- Experience with Source Version Control software like GitHub and CICD pipelines.
- Provide on-call support after hours as an when needed.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5 years’ of experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- 5 years’ of experience in BI development leveraging the Microsoft SQL Server 2014+. Needs to be an expert in T-SQL.
- 5 years’ of experience with SSIS and use of Stored Procedures.
- 2 years’ of experience with Azure Data Factory, SQL VMs, build and maintain ETL.
- 1 year of experience with Power BI.
Even better if you have:
- 2 years’ of experience with Azure Data Warehouse. (Synapse)