Position: Azure Database Developer
Location: Atlanta, GA 30334
- Collaborate with internal customers, prospects, and stakeholders, understand, and translates business use cases and/or requirements into data analysis and data mapping and consequently data integration routines which involves moving, cleansing, and transforming large amount of data between multiple systems.
- Identifies data sources, provides data flow diagrams, and documents source to target mapping and process.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect to recommend optimal data models for data ingestion and BI developer for analytic reports.
- Provide technical enablement to team members developing database applications on a cloud platform.
- Facilitate the development of data integration efforts by leading small teams of 1-2 junior developers in addition to Knowledge of ETL Design Patterns, Error Handling and Configurations.
- Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
- Collaborate with data stewards, data owners and domain experts to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation.
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning etc.
- Work with the Data Architect to establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of educational metadata to assure metadata is accurate and valid in the business intelligence environments.
- Ensure data quality through creation of audit controls, proactive monitoring, and data cleansing techniques.
- Troubleshoot performance and reliability issues and investigate anomalous behavior in the Azure environment.
- Responsible for scheduled data processes integrity checks, performing deployments and coordinate for releases.
- Experience with Source Version Control software like GitHub and CICD pipelines.
- Provide on-call support after hours as an when needed.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5 years’ of experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- 5 years’ of experience in BI development leveraging the Microsoft SQL Server 2014+. Needs to be an expert in T-SQL.
- 5 years’ of experience with SSIS and use of Stored Procedures.
- 2 years’ of experience with Azure Data Factory, SQL VMs, build and maintain ETL.
- 1 year of experience with Power BI.
Even better if you have:
- 2 years’ of experience with Azure Data Warehouse. (Synapse)
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.