Job Title: Snowflake Data Architect
Job Location: Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX are (preferred) but open to US remote
The data architect will be responsible for delivering high quality solutions for application with heterogeneous usage profiles like OLTP, OLAP, advanced analytics, and machine learning. Drawing on robust hands-on experience and leveraging multi-cloud services, relational database technologies, NoSQL, distributed systems, this team member will drive the adoption of cloud services across the enterprise ensuring emerging business goals are met while maintaining a consistent and stable data landscape.
- Provide architecture guidance in the interaction with business users and migration teams to plan, develop, improve and maintain complex data tier technology standards.
- Act as a consultant to understand the current topology of the application and recommend advanced cloud data tier and integration platforms/services.
- Must drive innovations by keeping current on emerging cloud technologies, must be able to research, present, and articulate pros and cons of new data tier technologies.
- Act as a SME for migrating on-prem applications to cloud-based PaaS services primarily focusing on data warehouse and big data solutions mainly using Snowflakes, and some HDInsight, Databricks, and Synapse.
- Based on Enterprise Strategy, provide guidance in migration and transfer of multi-terabyte databases or data warehouses from one data-tier technology to another.
- Assist application and migration teams in designing cloud solutions incorporating security principles and best practices to ensure designs are in accordance with data security and governance principles.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in IT/Database engineering/legacy bigdata technologies with expertise in understanding patterns around acquisition, transformation and presentation of data in various paradigms (Real-Time, Batch, NoSQL/SQL etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in data architecture role with primary focus on data warehouse and big data solutions like SQL Server DW/Vertica/Teradata and Hadoop etc.
- 3+ years of strong hands-on experience on Snowflakes, especially with end to end implementation of Snowflake cloud data warehouse or end to end data warehouse implementations on-premise
- Expertise with SnowSQL, advanced concepts (query performance tuning, time travel etc.) and features/tools (data sharing, events, SnowPipe etc.)
- Technical understanding of data in the cloud with ability to balance architectural theory with practical solution.
- Understanding of enterprise and application architecture principles and best practices.
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following technologies
- Azure Synapse
- Data Bricks
- Experience in migration from on-prem data warehouse (SQL Server, Oracle, Vertica, Teradata) to cloud solutions (Snowflake, Azure Synapse)
- Thorough understanding of one or more integration tools like Azure Data Factory, Talend, Pentaho, Informatica etc. and proficient in migrating legacy ETL/ELT processes to cloud based solutions.
- Snowflake SnowPro cerfitication is MUST
- Cloud Architect Certifications in Azure, AWS, or GCP is highly preferred.